PROVIL S.A., a Greek company that made its name in the sector of additional flavour-enhancing food products synonymous with quality, reliability and evolution, is today a particularly specialised company as far as production and supply of these products are concerned. It develops and offers know-how along with high-quality products and services. Its operation starts in 1989, right after Christos V. Vogiannou completes his studies in the Department of Food Technology of the Technological Educational Institution of Thessaloniki.
- In 1993, Christos Vogiannou establishes VOGIANNOS TRADE COMPANY.
- In 1995 Giorgos Vogiannou also joins the company, having returned from Kulmbach, Germany, where he completed his postgraduate studies in the Federal Institute for Meat Research, and the company is renamed to PROVIL Trade Company. In 1996, the enterprise is also staffed with Konstantinos Vogiannou, specialised in the area of spice and food wholesaling (S/M).
- In 1997, the branch in Athens started its operation, serving the increased needs of the company. At the same time, the production process of spice mixes is set to motion.
- In 1998, the company's Department of Mass Catering was organised, setting new trends and offering new products in the Greek market. Moreover, the new, modern production line, with spray dryers is completed, its power is increased and its focus is on quality products.
- In 1999 the company takes the legal type PROVIL S.A. and organises a nationwide network. It also organises a Department of Research and Development, thus securing its producing ability.
- In 2001 it starts new partnerships with major foreign houses, bringing in know-how and establishing the foundations for the company's exporting profile.
- In 2003 it produces and launches the product line Liaison (bouillons, soups, sauces), as well as marinade-type products, promoting quality and differentiation in the sector.
- In the same year it launches revolutionary Combi line (processing aids for food production). The modern experimental laboratory and educational centres are also completed within 2003, enabling the company to present, train and pass on knowledge to its partners.
- In 2005 € 1.2 million are invested in facilities and machinery, creating infrastructure and new prospects for the company.
- In 2007 the new production line of liquid products begins, bringing to the market innovative suggestions and making the company the most modern one of its sector in both Greece and Europe.
- In 2009-2010 it launches the Display products, for the first time addressing the consumer directly and takes the first steps for the introduction of its products in retail sales. At the end of 2010, it introduces the Mice en Place line in the cuisine sector, offering revolutionary solutions and suggestions for professional cooks.
Since 2013, Provil, in search of new markets, has been dynamically participating in important and recognized Food exhibitions in Greece and abroad, gradually consolidating a highly significant presence worldwide. With partnerships in Europe, Middle East, N. Africa and America, the company offers its customers innovative services both in designing products that meet specific local and religious requirements and is continuously supporting customers by evolving ideas and solutions to the needs of each market.
The company is today located in the Industrial Area of Sindos, Thessaloniki.